314 Hunter Ridge Dr. Brian Head, UT 84719 (435) 677-9000


The town code book consists of 10 titles ranging from Administration, Taxes, Finances, Licensing, Public Safety, Utilities, Building Regulations, Land Management Code, along with the traffic and parking codes for the town as listed in the side bar. If you have a specific question regarding the codes, please contact the town hall staff and we will be happy to assist you with your inquiries.

The town code is updated when the Town Council adopts ordinances which affect the public. Staff will update the town code as ordinances are adopted.

If you have a question on a specific ordinance, please contact the Town Clerk for a copy of the ordinance at nleigh@bhtown.utah.gov .

For a hard copy of the Code, please contact the town offices during normal business hours (fees may apply) .

Mayor Clayton Calloway is Brian Head Town's Mayor as of January 2018.

Mayor Calloway is no stranger to Brian Head politics in which he has been serving the Brian Head community as a Town Council Member since 2013 when he was first elected. Prior to becoming a Council Member, Mayor Calloway served on the Brian Head Planning Commission for two terms.

Mayor Calloway has been involved in the Brian Head community since the 1980's and owns Bristlecone Building Company. His wife, Shelly Calloway is the owner of Apple Annies who has also been a staple in Brian Head since the early 1980's.

Mayor Calloway, the Town Council and Town staff strive to make Brian Head a destination resort town. We thank Mayor Calloway for his dedication and hard work in making Brian Head a better place.

Who needs a business license?
Anyone engaging in business in Brian Head, UT including the sale or offering of any goods merchandise, or performing any service for monetary exchange or valuable consideration must be licensed, unless they are exempted.

Business License Exemptions:
Brian Head Town requires all businesses within Town limits to be licensed with the following exemptions:
1. State licensed contractors only need to be licensed in the City where they have an office this includes home-based offices.
2. Insurance Companies,
3. Nonprofit organizations,
4. State-owned businesses are exempt from paying fees.
5. Low impact home occupation businesses, please refer to Town Code, Title 3, Licensing in General for details.

Where do I get a Business License?
Download an application from the website or obtain an application at the Brian Head Town Offices.
Our address is:
P.O. Box 190068
Brian Head, UT 87419
Office is located at 56 S. Hwy 143. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. For more information call
(435) 677-2029 or email nleigh@bhtown.utah.gov
Business License Application
Nightly Rental License Application

How long does the licensing process take?
New business owners should allow 15 to 30 days for their license to be processed, but may require additional time if inspections are required. All fees are due at the time of application. The business license application will be sent to the departments for ordinance compliance.

If an application is denied or if the licensed business never begins operation, all fees, less a $25.00 processing fee, will be refunded.

Do I need an inspection before I receive my business license?
All new applications may be required to have an inspection from the Town's building/fire departments, depending on the type of business identified on the application. Nightly rentals (short term rentals) of cabins/condominiums will require a fire inspection only. An inspection list is available on this website or at the Town Hall. An Inspection fee of $30 for each inspection is assessed at when you plan to submit your application. To schedule a fire inspection, please call the Town Clerk during normal business hours.
Fire Inspection list for Short Term Rentals

When does the license expire?
All licenses expire every September 30th. There are no partial payments, half year or partial year licenses.

When do I renew my license for the next year?
The Business Licensing Officer will send out renewal notices around the first of September of each year. Liquor license payments are due on or before December 31st.

What are the penalties if the payment is late?
If payment is not received you may be issued a citation for operation of a business without a license, or a penalty for late payment.
Liquor licenses are due on or before December 31st by close of business. Any establishment that has not paid the license fee by this date is not permitted by law to serve liquor.

What if my business undergoes changes during the year?
If during the course of the license year, any information pertaining to the business changes, such as location, mailing address, phone number, the licensee is required by law to notify the Licensing Officer of these changes within a ten (10) day period.

The following is required of all new applicants.
· Identify the type of business i.e. Corporation, Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, etc.
· Business name, physical and mailing address and phone number of business. The physical address of the business is where the business, cabin or condo is located.
· Home address, phone number, and birth date of owner, manager (Applicant). Local address and phone number of Agent for process of service.
· Federal Tax ID or Social Security number (if sole proprietorship).
· Sales Tax number, occupational or professional license number if applicable.

Registration of assumed business names, often called "D.B.A.", is required of all businesses that are not corporations, limited liability companies or limited partnerships. There is a $20.00 filing fee for a renewable three-year registration for a D.B.A. If the business being licensed is a resale business, a sales tax number is required.

All businesses that have taxable sales, must have a sales tax ID# issued from the Utah State Tax Commission. You can apply online or call them to start the application process. You will need your sales tax ID# for your business license application.

Anyone who is applying for a liquor license or solicitor's license is required to have a criminal background check completed with the Utah Department of Alcohol Beverage Control (alcohol licenses) or the Town of Brian Head (solicitor). A $10.00 assessment fee will be charged per person.

Utah Department of Commerce - Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
Business Name Registration - "D.B.A."
160 East 300 South
SM Box 146705
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849 or www.corporations.utah.gov

Utah State Tax Commission
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84134
(800) 662-4335 (801)297-2200

To apply for a new sales tax ID Number: tax.utah.gov/utah-taxes/registration

Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
1625 South 900 West
P.O. Box 30408
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0408
(801) 977-6800 or www.abc.utah.gov

Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification
5400 South 3888 West
P.O. Box 148280
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-8280 or www.bci.utah.gov

Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensin g
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849, (801) 530-6628 or www.dopl.utah.gov

Translation of Website



(Romance, Winter, Kids)

Brian Head Ski Resort

Noorish Spa at Brian Head Lodge

Book Spa Retreat

Hotel Features

Free WiFi and Parking

Restaurant Breakfast and Dinner & Bar

Waterfall Pool, Spa, Sauna, Fitness Room

Meeting Rooms available

Book Direct

Book Direct and Save Money on your stay


Stay 3 Get 1 Free

Purchase 3 nights and get your 4th night free!


Sunday Night Special

Check in on Sunday and save 15%


Midweek Special

Stay midweek and get a 10% discount. 2-night minimum stay.